Terms and conditions - bed and breakfast bookings
Your contract with us
1. Your contract is with us, Thompson Brancaster Farms, the owners of The White House. Our office address is Field House Farm, Brancaster, Norfolk; PE318AG.
Making your booking
2. You may request a booking online, in person, by telephone, by e-mail, or in writing.
3. You may only make a booking on behalf of someone else if you are authorised to do so and provided that you agree to be responsible for that person's compliance with these terms as if he/she was the person making the booking.
4. Bookings are non-transferable.
5. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your booking request. No booking request shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we confirm to you that we have accepted your booking request.
6. If you have any special requirements (for example, because of infirmity or disability) please let us know at the time of booking. We will endeavor to accommodate your requirements, but our ability to do so is dependent on what these are and on the availability of a suitable room.
7. You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking.
8. We reserve the right to ask you to pay some or all of the price of your booking in advance. In most cases you will be asked to pay a 25% deposit of the total cost of your stay with the balance be payable upon departure.
9. The price for each room per night is (except in the case of obvious errors) as advertised on our web site at the relevant time (www.stayatthewhitehouse.co.uk), unless we notify you of a different price at the time of your booking. Unless stated otherwise, all charges are inclusive of VAT and breakfast served between 8.00am and 10.00am.
10. The price includes overnight occupancy of a double room by one or two adults (plus children in the circumstances set out below) and the following morning's breakfast. No more than two adults may occupy the room unless agreed. Breakfast is served between 8.00am and 10.00am, or as otherwise advised to you upon arrival. Other meals are not included in the price.
11. The price does not include the cost of any other of our chargeable services which you might use during your stay, such as the cost of laundry and drinks. You will be charged for any use you make of these services at the rates current at the time of your stay.
12. The price of your booking is payable in full on your scheduled day of departure, less any advance payments we might have already received from you.
13. If you fail to settle your account upon departure, your credit or debit card will be charged for the full amount due.
14. By entering into a contract with us, you accept responsibility for paying all charges due to us under the contract. By providing your credit/debit card details to us when making your booking you are irrevocably authorising us to debit your card by the amount of this charge (and any other charges due to us under this contract).
15. Payment may be made in cash or by most credit/debit cards.
Check in and check out
17. Your room will normally be available for you from 3.30pm on your scheduled day of arrival. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 7pm so that we can make sure you have immediate access to your room. Unless we specifically agree otherwise with you, you must vacate your room by 11.00am on your scheduled day of departure. If you do not do so, you will be charged for one further night's accommodation. Room keys must be returned to reception on departure. Lost keys are a chargeable item.
18. If you wish to cancel your booking at any time please contact us. We will treat every case individually and do our best to re-let the room. If this is not possible then we reserve the right to charge up to the full income for the room(s). All cancellation requests must be confirmed in writing.
19. If you do not take up your booking (a "no-show"), you will be charged for the full amount of your reserved stay.
20. Subject to suitable rooms being available, one or two children may share a room with one or two paying adults. There will be a daily charge to cover the cost of extra beds and breakfast. Please see website for current charges. You must let us know at the time of booking if you wish any children to share your room, and it will be our decision as to whether or not suitable rooms are available. You must not leave any children under the age of 16 unattended in the house at any time.
21. Smoking is not allowed in any of our rooms or at all inside the house. If it is judged that you have been smoking in your room, we shall charge you an additional £500.00 to cover our costs to have the room cleaned. This charge shall be applied entirely at the discretion of the management.
22. Dogs are permitted to stay in rooms 1 and 12 with prior permission only. Dogs are not allowed on the beds or furniture. Dogs may not be left unattended anywhere in the bedrooms, house or grounds. Dogs must remain under control at all times. We regret that dogs are not allowed in any dining rooms or in the kitchen. We ask you to clear up after your dogs.
Events outside our control
23. We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to our premises, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water).
Our liability to you
24. In the event that a room is not available by your scheduled check-in time, our sole liability will be to use reasonable endeavours to offer you alternative accommodation at another nearby venue of a similar standard for a similar price.
25. Our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total price of your booking. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
26. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Your liability to us
27. You will be liable for any damage you cause to your room or to other areas of our property.
28. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
29. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
31. All written communications by you to us must be sent by post to Thompson Brancaster Farms, Field House Farm, Brancaster, Norfolk; PE31 8AG or by e-mail email@example.com (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either the e-mail or postal address you give us.
32. In these terms a "working day" means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business.
33. These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
34. Any damages to rooms or communal areas caused by neglect or misuse will be subject to charges. The cost of damages will be at the discretion of the duty manager, and will be calculated on replacement of items damaged, cleaning required and any loss of income due to room being unavailable to let.